[slinkelist] Sony CDP-CX450

Thomas W. Humphrey TWHumphrey@fuse.net
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:03:21 -0400

You need to have a CD-Text compatible CD burner to burn CD-Text info.  There
are several that work.  Sony's high end computer CD burners are one example.
Sony's are shipped with "Hotburn" that facilitates copying CD's that don't
have CD-Text and burning disks with CD-Text.  CD-Text is stored in the
subcode of the CD (i.e., interleaved with the music samples) and almost
certainly could not be added after the rest of the CD has been burned.

> And, here's a slightly off topic question: Where is CD-Text information
> stored? Specifically, if I were to burn my own cd, let's say a copy of a
cd
> that doesn't have CD-Text, could I add it? How would I go about doing
this?