[slinkelist] Sony SLV-799HF VCR and SLink-E?

W. John Guineau guineau@earthlink.net
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:48:06 -0700

I just tried this on my SLV-798HF and it doesn't appear to work.

I plugged a "mono" type cord between the Slink-e and the VCR. The VCR has
two control-S ports, labelled "in" and "out". Oddly enough, I must have a
mono cable between the "in" control-S jack on the VCR and the control-S
jacon on the STR-DE825 to make the amp recognize when someone presses play
on the VCR (ex. switches input modes etc.) If I plug the cable into the
VCR's "out" control-S jack, the amp never sees activity.

I tried connecting to the Slink-e both the VCR in and out, both with and
without the link to the DE825 to no avail.

Typing "vcr:play" gives no errors, in fact no output all in the Slink Data
window, but the VCR does not play.

any ideas?
john