[slinkelist] CDDB Error

Larry Laurel larry@laurelnet.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:13:20 -0400

On 10 March, 2000 Jay Pfaffman wrote:

"I'm having a related problem with CDDB lookups.  I'm getting the "CDDB
error.  Try a different server. (Could be a problem with your Internet
connection)" message, but from all indications the machine's got good
connectivity.  I can do the "get server list" thing successfully as
well as browse the web & such.  This has been going on for a week or
so, but a couple CDs have been successfully looked up since the
problem started.  Even if I try to look those up again I get the same
error.  I'm stumped.  Any idea?"

I am experiencing exactly the same behavior from CDJ, but I find nothing in
the archives hinting at a solution for poor Jay (or myself).  Any help would
make my day.

TIA,
Larry