[slinkelist] New FREE killer application: MP3Streamworks

Brian Atkins brian@posthuman.com
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:34:12 -0400

This is a reply to a very old post.. I just want to say that today I put
together a similiar setup to stream the audio from my changers to the network.
However I used the shoutcast free software at shoutcast.com. You do have to
dig around on the Net for a pirated copy of the Fraunhofer professional codec
to get higher-end bitrates, but it is really easy to setup and sounds much
better than the xing stuff. I am adding a laptop/Metricom 128kb wireless
modem to my car this week so I'll have full access to my CDs while driving.