[slinkelist] Multiple passes when searching discs

Sally L. Kolitz Russell slokr@bellsouth.net
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:28:00 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BFCC7D.39E8CE40

I've searched the archives and the help files, but I haven't been able =
to find an answer to this very basic (I think) question:

Why does CDJ make multiple (typically 3, but sometimes 2 and sometimes 4 =
or more) passes when searching for discs (in either empty, =
empty/missing, or tedious modes)?

What exactly is it doing, and why does it seem to find certain discs on =
the first pass yet find other discs on later passes.  Also, why on the =
last pass does it usually seem to do nothing physically with the =
changers but appears to zip through the discs in the CDJ search status =
window?  In essence, why can't CDJ find everything it needs to find in a =
single pass?

If it matters in terms of answering my question, I've got ten CX-300s =
connected to one Slink-e, and I'm running the 4/11/00 version (Build =
1841) of CDJ.

Thanks for your help,

Brent

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BFCC7D.39E8CE40

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've searched the archives and the help =
files, but=20
I haven't been able to find an answer to this very basic (I think)=20
question:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Why does CDJ make multiple (typically =
3, but=20
sometimes 2 and sometimes 4 or more) passes when searching for discs (in =
either=20
empty, empty/missing, or tedious modes)?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What exactly is it doing, and why does =
it seem to=20
find certain discs on the first pass yet find other discs on later =
passes.&nbsp;=20
Also, why on the last pass does it usually seem to do nothing physically =
with=20
the changers but appears to zip through the discs in the CDJ search =
status=20
window?&nbsp; In essence, why can't CDJ find everything it needs to find =
in a=20
single pass?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If it matters in terms of answering my =
question,=20
I've got ten CX-300s connected to one Slink-e, and I'm running the =
4/11/00=20
version (Build 1841) of CDJ.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for your help,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brent</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BFCC7D.39E8CE40--