[slinkelist] Serial cards

W. John Guineau guineau@earthlink.net
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:35:09 -0700

SOunds like the peice of junk I got from Addonics (PCI-4S) 4 port shared IRQ
PCI card. Unfortunetly thier drivers are useless (for me) as they do not
support WIN32 overlapped I/O (asynchronous I/O). The thing doesn't even work
with HyperTerminal! How can Addonics ship such junk? ;)

I just placed an order with ByteRunner for a 4port ISA card, 4x16650 and
shared IRQ. I've heard good things about Byte Runner in the past. We'll see.

I ordered the Model: TC-400-S6-4. I spoke with a very nice (and seemingly
knowledgeable) tech support guy at byte Runner who says this card should
work, shared IRQ and all, under Windows 2000 out of the box (no driver's
needed from Byte Runner).

Any one have experience with this card under NT/2000?

john