[slinkelist] "Identical" discs are not identical

Brent P. Kolitz bkolitz@bellsouth.net
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 15:07:46 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01BFCD6D.7965B060

I have approximately 20 discs that in various combinations were =
identified
by CDJ as being identical, even though none of them are.  The vast
majority of them are 1-track CDs, but no two of them have the same
track/total times.  In many cases, they're not even close -- for =
example,
CDJ identified a 1-track interview CD (approximately 35 minutes in =
length)
as identical to a 1-track song CD (approximately 4 minutes in length).

Moreover, if I take pairs of discs that CDJ claims are identical and put =
them in my CD-ROM drive, RealJukebox queries CDDB, which does not find =
these discs to be the same.

Can anyone explain what is going on here, and what my options are?  I =
thought
that CDJ creates a unique ID based on # of tracks, track time, and total
time...

Thanks

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01BFCD6D.7965B060

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have approximately 20 discs that in =
various=20
combinations were identified<BR>by CDJ as being identical, even though =
none of=20
them are.&nbsp; The vast<BR>majority of them are 1-track CDs, but no two =
of them=20
have the same<BR>track/total times.&nbsp; In many cases, they're not =
even close=20
-- for example,<BR>CDJ identified a 1-track interview CD (approximately =
35=20
minutes in length)<BR>as identical to a 1-track song CD (approximately 4 =
minutes=20
in length).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Moreover, if I take pairs of discs that =
CDJ claims=20
are identical and put them in my CD-ROM drive, RealJukebox queries CDDB, =
which=20
does not find these discs to be the same.<BR><BR>Can anyone explain what =
is=20
going on here, and what my options are?&nbsp; I thought<BR>that CDJ =
creates a=20
unique ID based on # of tracks, track time, and =
total<BR>time...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Thanks<BR><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01BFCD6D.7965B060--