[slinkelist] Slinkx email list

Tang, George gtang@gtcons.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:16:19 -0700

James, I can understand that you don't want to use Microsoft.  But the whole
purpose of this mailing list was to share info and help one another out if
there were issues and problems with slinke, which may or may not pertain to
everyone in the list.  But it's nicer to have a full discussion available in
the mailing list than for someone to miss part of it or even the solution
itself.  Sometimes the mailing list can produce a lot of emails and
sometimes it's calm and dead.  So it compensates for itself.  But from the
first email we got from you regarding this, the tone was "I'm not using
Microsoft - it sucks, put those people somewhere else" rather than trying to
be helpful to someone in need of help.  That's what I resent.  If you would
like to host a separate mailing list, then by all means go for it.

-G
-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of idcmp
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 12:12 PM
To: Tang, George
Cc: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: RE: [slinkelist] Slinkx email list

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Tang, George wrote:

> Maybe we should ask Nirvis to make a mailing list for your Operation
System
> instead.

There was one for quite some time. I was hosting it. then I moved, changed
jobs, had less time and took it down.  If someone is interested, I'll
start it up again.

No flame was intended.  I *am* interested in web-access to the slinke, but
not if it means I need to buy a computer to run Microsoft on it; but
exactly the reverse, that I *wouldn't* need that.

Cheers,

	JAmes