[slinkelist] Slinkx email list

idcmp idcmp@tainted.org
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:55:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Sinan Karasu wrote:

> with it? Can you give some pointers as to how to start to everybody.
> I am sure there are a lot of people out there who'd LOVE to get rid of
> Micros...

I'm running some homebrew stuff called slinked.. It listens on a TCP port
and accepts basic commands (next track, next disc, stop, play, pause, etc)
and converts them to the serial data.  It's hooked into my X10 so that
when I press the "going out" button, it pauses the changer (among other
things), and when I press the "i'm back" button it unpauses.

It lacks multi-changer, 400-disc, cddb, etc, etc support, but it does what
I want.  Source is freely available, and infact I think my serial I/O code
made it into a few other Linux-slinke type projects.

Cheers,

	JAmes