[slinkelist] CDJ feature suggestions

PaulMmn PaulMmn@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:06:18 -0400

And still more suggestions:

Provide space in the database for a 2nd cover image.  I'd like to be
able to use a 'thumbnail'/low-resolution image in CDJ and in
PartyGUI's selection mode, and a 2nd, high-resolution image in
PartyGUI "Now Playing" mode.

I periodically grab a random handful of CDs from my changers and take
them to work with me.  This leaves vacancies in the changers.

While playing selections, the Next_CD will be noticed as 'missing.'
CDJ will skip the missing song and continue with the next available
track.

Many times the track will be 'grayed out,' indicating that CDJ
-knows- the CD is missing.

I suggest that you modify the logic for cuing the next CD as follows:

	IF: NEXT_CD marked as 'missing'

	and IF: NEXT_CD + 1 is not on active player

	THEN: Cue NEXT_CD +1

This will skip the missing track without a skip in the music (as long
as the next track is on another player).

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.com