[slinkelist] Help with Device Files

AndyStein@aol.com AndyStein@aol.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 02:41:59 EDT

    Thanks for the quick and detailed responses.  To address your questions:

    1.  I do not always want to use the same CD input.  One changer connects
to the CD Auto (digital) input, and another connects to the CD Analog input.
I don't know what is supposed to connect to the third CD input, CD DTS.  In
addition, I have changers connected to other inputs, such as Tape/MD, VCR 1,
DVD/LV, etc.  I need CDJ automatically to switch to the proper CD input (CD
Auto or CD Analog) when I select a disc or track.

    2.  I haven't seen a fancier remote with distinct buttons for CD Auto and
CD Analog, but it's worth investigating and I will.

    3.  I'm not sure what you mean by locking the input.  I think you're
asking whether I can force the receiver into only one CD input (CD Auto, for
instance), but if I did that, then I couldn't use the other CD input.

    Thanks again for your input (pun intended--sorry).

    Andrew

In a message dated 6/25/00 7:35:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,