[slinkelist] any success with the new Sony 400 CD players?

Tang, George gtang@gtcons.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:31:56 -0700

There was no way for CDJ to download group information to the players
because the older players didn't allow it.  However, with the new 400 disk
machines, that might have changed.  Colby will have to add those features if
that's the case.

-G

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of David Morgenlender
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 10:17 AM
To: -kevin-
Cc: slinkelist@nirvis.com; Rick Engle
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] any success with the new Sony 400 CD players?

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:53:57 -0700, you wrote:

>I've got the CDP-CX400 and it works like a charm.  Not a single
>problem.  Worked perfectly the first time.  I've only got about 75
>discs in there, so I'm not dead sure about those discs beyond 300
>mark.  Perhaps I will give it a go...

I installed my Slink-e yesterday, then connecting my CDP-CX450 & CDP-CX57
(50+1).  The funny (& expensive) thing is the reason I got the CX450 over
the
CX400 was for the fancy remote ... which now won't be used frequently
(probably
only when the PC is unavailable) given the Slink-e, which I didn't know
about
then!

I've got 255 CDs loaded (slots 2-256) & so far they seem to work ok.

A couple of questions about using CDJ with these new 400 CD players ...
these
new models support a list of artists, as well as the old groups;  each CD
can be
assigned an artist & a group.  Do you know of any way to use CDJ to assign &
upload artists, especially, but also groups?

Also, I'm going to play around with these CDJ issues, which I haven't gotten
chance to do yet ... but in case you or anybody else knows the answers ...

Some CDs couldn't be identified.  Some had incorrect artists.  Some had
inconsistent use of artist, e.g. "Beatles" vs. "The Beatles", which will
probably screw up artist sorts, etc.  Presumably, CDJ is simply taking what
CDDB
gives it.  The question is how to correct the problem ... is there any way
manually correct these items, especially so future CDDB updates don't undo
the
changes?  (Is there any way to notify CDDB of the problems, so the database
will
be corrected?)