[slinkelist] Re: Help on getting started on programming SlinkeServ applications w/ Delphi

jon@welfringer.com jon@welfringer.com
28 Jun 2000 11:34:34 -0700

> Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:27:00 +0300
> From: Michael Holopainen <michael@laserle.fi>
> To: "slinkelist@nirvis.com" <slinkelist@nirvis.com>
> Subject: [slinkelist] Help on getting started on programming SlinkeServ applications w/ Delphi
>
> I use delphi daily in my work so I haven't got (too much) problems with
> the language, but if some one could bother to show the basic guidelines
> of how to establish communication with slinkeserv <-> delphi.
>
> The real basics : like where to find libraries that (and what) I need
> etc.

I'll send you a sample Delphi App that does both send and receive.  (It will probably be a day or two before I can get it out though).  I'll also send this to Colby to replace the current IrHelper on the Nirvis download page.  I'm not sure how many people are still using that app, but having the source available for download will be a good starter app for any Delphi folks.

In answer to your question, you don't need any libraries.  In Delphi you just have to import the active X control you want to use.  Delphi will create a wrapper object so that the active-x control appears just like any other Delphi object.  You'll find it pretty easy to do.

- Jon