[slinkelist] Request for help: how to add a 3rd player?

-kevin- kathey@pobox.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:54:10 -0700

Reeves,

On 00-05-25 09:30, Reeves Little <reeves@little.org> wrote:
> I've finally done it, used up all the slots in my two changers and need to
> add a third.  I thought it would be a simple matter of daisy-chaining a
> third changer on the back of the other two, but the pass through only seems
> to work if a changer sees a second (or did I do something wrong?).  When I
> turn on all my players and press play on the third, I get no sound.
>
> Any hints?  Do I need to configure CDJ to switch audio sources on my amp for
> me?  Do I need to plug the CD players together in a special order?  Do I
> need to do something special with the changer ID (1, 2 or 3)?
>
> Here's how I have it setup:
> [Audio]
> Amp
> CD1
> CD3
> CD2 (my new changer)
>

> [Slink]
>
> slinke port 1      slinke port 2
>  |                  |
> CD3                CD2
> CD1
> Amp

I have the same setup, I figured there was no way to get the audio
through, especially since the S-Link won't go through.  So, I just
used one of those piggy-back cables so that I didn't have to use
another input on the amp.

To modify your Audio picture:

[Audio]
Amp
 |_____ CD2 (my new changer)

CD1

CD3

Yes, this means you can have two audio signals on teh same input,
but if you are using the CDJ to control it, this will never
happen.

--
-*           -kevin-            *-
-* sick with the good infection *-