[slinkelist] FW: Two CDP-CX90ES

John jrat0@earthlink.net
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:24:55 -0500

I have two Sony CDP-CX90ES units. I wanted to address the first one 2 and
the other 3 on the slink bus. They have a feature to control the other unit
when set to these numbers, which is ok with me. When CDJ finds the units,
one Primary, the other Remote, it has problems downloading the CD Title,
Artist, and Track information to the Primary unit for the secondary unit.
The reason I wanted this configuration is because I have a third CD 5 disc
changer (CDP-CA9ES) that does not have the ability to set an adress, it is
1. I don't necessarily want to attach this unit to the Slinke but I want my
remote to be able to control only one unit at a time, thus I need unique
addresses 1, 2 and 3. I don't really care if the CDP-CX90ES unit controls
the other because both units have the ability to store track information,
however it seems to switch to this mode when they are addressed 2 and 3.