[slinkelist] X10 Commands?

Marc Parker parkdog@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 07 Mar 2000 19:39:19 -0600

I think I figured most of it out.

By ADDing the device file CM11a (in your device file under MISC) You get the
X10 functionality. What ever you name it in the ADD DEVICE dialog is what
you will use to address the CM11a. IE:

X10:on[a1] {rec:power_on}

Will turn the device "rec" ON when Slinke-serv receives an x10 signal from
device "X10".

Be careful to use exactly the device name and capitalization. I was having
problems when I found I referred to X10:on[A1] instead of X10:[a1]. It made
a difference.

I then placed the following lines in the event MAP (Go to Map under
View/Options/MAPs and use EDIT. Don't forget to rename it so you don't
overwrite it during CDJ updates)

X10:on[a1] {cdj:awaken}
X10:off[a1] {cjd:sleep}
X10:on[a2] {cdj:playlist_play}
X10:off[a2] {cdj:playlist_stop}

These commands and LOTS more are all found under the CDJ help index.

This is SUPER basic, but once you start to understand it the realm of
capabilities becomes evident, and it is exciting. Check out the last example
in your MAPS file regarding starting and playing random music. This can
easily be changed to work from an X10 prompt.

Finally I am about to impress my wife with HA. She always hated going to my
computer, launching CDJ and starting a random playlist.

NOW, I will set up ONE X10 Button so she can press it from ANYWHERE in the
house and it will Awaken CDJ and start playing a random list. THIS will
excite her (relatively speaking :-)

To most on this list this little exercise is probably supremely basic, but
for me, I am happy to have "figured it out". It now adds tons more
functionality to an already great piece of equipment/software.

Parker