[slinkelist] MD Recording Problem

shawn@sboyle.com shawn@sboyle.com
9 Mar 2000 15:12:59 -0800

I have a CDP-CX300, an MDS-JB920, and an STR-DE835 all on the same s-link bus and all connected to port 0 on my Slink-e. If I try to record a playlist to a minidisc [either by using Minidisc Manager, or manually by pressing "Music Sync" and then starting the playlist] the minidisc deck stop recording after the second song, every time. This happens even if the two songs are on the same disc. For example if I drag a disc from the library window to the playlist and then try to record it everything works. But if I explode that disc and then try to record it I'll only get the first two tracks. I've tried using both the .cde files that came with CDJ and the ones that came with Minidisc Manager -- same result. Here's a sample from my log file:

cdslr001:time[10010445]
cdslr001:time[10010446]
cdsls001:stop
cdsls001:stop
cdslr001:stop
cdslr001:stop
cdjr:using_player[cd1]
cdsls001:pause_dt[5314]
cdsls001:pause_dt[5314]
cdslr001:pause
cdslr001:goto_disc[53]
cdslr001:unloading
mdslr:stop    <---- Why?
mdslr:disc_info[01010A324800]
cdslr001:now_at_disc[53]
cdslr001:displaying_disc[53]
cdslr001:ready
cdsls001:query_disc[53]
cdslr001:disc_info[530116543347]
cdslr001:playing[53140344]
cdsls001:timecode_on
cdslr001:time[14010000]

Thanks,
-Shawn

Common sense is not common.
E-Mail: shawn@sboyle.com
Pager: Numeric: 917/296.8405
       Alpha: pager@sboyle.com or 800.385.CIBC

Get personalized e-mail and a web address or your
own free e-mail at http://www.networksolutions.com.