[slinkelist] Begging for great GUI for CDJ!

Brent P. Kolitz bkolitz@bellsouth.net
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:56:58 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BF8CCA.16B4E6E0

As a brand-new user of Nirvis' products (and one hoping to eventually =
integrate almost 3,000 CDs into the system), I've read each and every =
archived post on the BBS.  Since July of 1998 to the present, there has =
been consistent interest in a slick and easy to use GUI for CDJ that =
would be approachable by spouses, guests, etc. and would be more suited =
for display on television screens or even on touchpad LCDs (when that =
becomes affordable).  Something just like Escient's user interfaces =
comes immediately to mind (there are Flash demos of two different GUIs =
at: http://www.escient.com/products.htm).  They could even be further =
customized with "skins," and ultimately a "GUI builder" application that =
would enable the user to customize button positions, etc.

Aside from some Nirvis users who have written front ends that are very =
specific to their own home automation setups (e.g., Barry Gordon), and =
others like Keith Alexander, who has taken a first step with PartyGUI =
(which admittedly is extremely limited, both in terms of functionality =
and visual slickness), there appears to have been virtually no progress =
in making this become a reality for the Nirvis user base.

I feel guilty complaining, rather than doing something about, but I have =
no programming skills, only ideas.  In an old archived post, Colby =
himself mentioned that he was going to take care of this but apparently =
later decided that he would leave it to the rest of us.

Colby, I realize that you are immensely busy supporting CDJ, the =
Slink-e, and the DXS as it is, but would you please consider taking on =
this much-needed task (either as a separate program or as a GUI "mode" =
or "view" of CDJ itself)?  This feature seems to be eagerly desired by a =
great majority of your users.

Thanks for your consideration and support,

Brent

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BF8CCA.16B4E6E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>As a brand-new user of Nirvis' products (and one hoping to =
eventually=20
integrate almost 3,000 CDs into the system), I've read each and every =
archived=20
post on the BBS.&nbsp; Since July of 1998 to the present, there has been =

consistent interest in a slick and easy to use GUI for CDJ that would be =

approachable by spouses, guests, etc. and would be more suited for =
display on=20
television screens or even on touchpad LCDs (when that becomes=20
affordable).&nbsp; Something just like Escient's user interfaces comes=20
immediately to mind (there are Flash demos of two different GUIs at: <A=20
href=3D"http://www.escient.com/products.htm">http://www.escient.com/produ=
cts.htm</A>).&nbsp;=20
They could even be further customized with "skins," and ultimately a =
"GUI=20
builder" application that would enable the user to customize button =
positions,=20
etc.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Aside from some Nirvis users who have written front ends that are =
very=20
specific to their own home automation setups (e.g., Barry Gordon), and =
others=20
like Keith Alexander, who has taken a first step with PartyGUI (which =
admittedly=20
is extremely limited, both in terms of functionality and visual =
slickness),=20
there appears to have been virtually no progress in making this become a =
reality=20
for the Nirvis user base.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I feel guilty complaining, rather than doing something about, but I =
have no=20
programming skills, only ideas.&nbsp; In an old archived post, Colby =
himself=20
mentioned that he was going to take care of this but apparently later =
decided=20
that he would leave it to the rest of us.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Colby, I realize that you are immensely busy supporting CDJ, the =
Slink-e,=20
and the DXS as it is, but would you please consider taking on this =
much-needed=20
task (either as a separate program or as a GUI "mode" or "view" of CDJ=20
itself)?&nbsp; This feature seems to be eagerly desired by a great =
majority of=20
your users.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks for your consideration and support,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Brent</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BF8CCA.16B4E6E0--