[slinkelist] mpeg2 ????????

George Tang GeorgeT@concur.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:18:02 -0800

I've already got the slink server setup using WIN NT's COM/DCOM.  This
machine sits along with the stereo.  So I'd like to have CDJ play MP3 and
output it to the stereo.  But the CPU is not fast enough to play MP3.

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Francisco Jose Montilla
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 12:02 PM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: RE: [slinkelist] mpeg2 ????????

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, George Tang wrote:

	Hi,

> Well, I've also found that MP3 requires sooo much CPU processing during
> playback.  On my 486/100, there's no way I can play MP3 because the CPU is
> just not fast enough to handle it. Unfortunately, that's the machine that
> have CDJ running and Slinke hooked up to.
>
> In a few more month I'll get another faster machine to replace the 486,
and
> have the 486 just be a file server, which is stupid since hard drives are
so
> cheap now-a-days. Anyone else can think of what I can use the 486 for on
the
> network???

	Yeah: drop linux on it and use slinke-server, so that you can
place it near the slink-e wherever appropiate, and access it from any
other hosts simultaneously...

	greets,

Francisco J. Montilla               System & Network administrator
pacopepe@iname.com      irc: pukka        Seville	     Spain
INSFLUG (LiNUX) Coordinator: www.insflug.org   -   ftp.insflug.org