[slinkelist] website address for i-opener hack?

William Hollingworth will@airmail.net
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:41:42 -0600

Try the following:

http://iopener.scizzors.net/
http://www.linux-hacker.net/iopener/

I ordered one directly from them yesterday. Cost me $99 + $39 S&H + tax
(Texas). Should be here in 7-14 days. $39 for shipping is steep, but
CircuitCity is out of stock nationwide.

They said that (theoretically) you don't have to sign up for the service at
all, but at the end of ordering I was  told that my subscription would
begin within 2 days of receipt, or when I connect it to a phone line (I
didn't argue the point). You can cancel this right away - especially as I
didn't give them any authorization to bill me monthly and there are no
service agreements to sign. One trick is apparently to say "its for a
friend and I don't know when/where/how it will be activated. Either way,
$21 for one month is no big deal.

I'm still amazed there is a company out there so stupid to leave so many
gaping holes in their system.

Will