[slinkelist] System Configuration for MP3's and CD's

Simon Mason simon@themasons.net
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 20:21:54 -0500

Which mixed did you use?  I was thinking of picking up a Radio Shack cheapie
for this but I wondered if you had a recommendation?  Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Gary L. Hunt
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2000 3:02 PM
To: judd_pape@attglobal.net
Cc: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] System Configuration for MP3's and CD's

At 09:29 AM 2/17/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>I currently have CDJ and Slink-E installed on a PC which is connected to my
>Stereo (Sony STA777ES) Receiver using the DVD RCA inputs. The Slink-E is
>connected to a Sony 300 Disc Changer and the Receiver. When I'm playing
CD's
>I change (manually) the input on the receiver to CD, to listen to MP3
>recordings I manually change the Receiver to the DVD input.
>
>If I'm using CDJ to play both CD's and MP3's in a playlist, how can I have
>CDJ automatically switch inputs on my Receiver?

I'm taking the low-fi approach by using an analog mixer to mix
MP3s (from computer sound card) with the output of a Sony 200
disk changer into a single input on my receiver.  I also use the
same scheme to mix my 3 older Pioneer CD changers together
into (a different) receiver input.

Gary Hunt <glh@srv.net>