[slinkelist] Need help with DCOM - Please...

Sonnie sonnie@casema.net
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 17:34:56 +0100

Stange, interesting...

Well I tried and when I lauch SlinkeServer on the Windows 98 Server first
and than start CDJ on the clinet Windows 98SE Machine, it all works fine...

So the only question remaining is:
- is there a way to set it up so that the Slinke Server will automatically
launch when "starting" the client...

Thanks,

Jeroen

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Dave Kolb
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2000 3:30 PM
To: Sonnie; slinkelist@nirvis.com
Cc: aue@nirvis.com
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] Need help with DCOM - Please...

I'm not positive about 98 but on 95, DCOM will not instantiate a remote
object on the 95 machine from another machine. I think this is also the case
for 98. To test this you can run the client on the same 98 machine to start
the server or just prestart the server and then try to contact the server
from the other machine. Not sure why Microsoft did this. Probably because of
security issues I suppose and/or wanting NT to be the server machine.

Dave Kolb