[slinkelist] Fw: audio DA's

Peter Myers mypeter@bigfoot.com
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 09:38:45 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01BF9186.EB9DDD60

Thought others my benefit.
----- Original Message -----=20

Simon-

Niles also makes an audio DA that is probably similar to the xantech in =
quality and performance.  they have a matching video da too.  both niles =
and xantech are great places to look for these types (and ir too) of =
solutions.
=20
http://nilesaudio.com/newpages/audda.html
http://nilesaudio.com
----- Original Message -----=20

Simon-

you got me thinking.  I work in a professional environment (building tv =
stations), but am designing a system for my home and will be needing an =
unbalanced da too.  I went ahead and looked up unbalanced DAs.  Here's a =
bunch of links.  I've never used any of these.  The RDL line is ok stuff =
that we use a lot for band aid fixes because it is cheap (relative to =
other commercial gear) and works well, although it is certainly not the =
best.  The Xantech is probably the cheapest, their site listed it as =
$118 which I think is suggested retail.  You can probably find it =
cheaper, if you do let me know as I'll probably use that one.  =
Smarthome.com may be a good place to start.  Some of these, including =
the xantech, also do video which might be nice if not now, in the =
future.

Pete
=20
http://www.dwightcav.com/Sigdistrib.htm#VP-715-02
http://www.nicheinc.com/da-6020.htm
http://www.armatos.com/mda6.html
http://www.rdlnet.com/ruuda4.htm
http://www.rdlnet.com/stda3.htm
http://www.rdlnet.com/ruda4d.htm
http://www.xantech.com/products/c_folder/pg24.pdf   =20

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01BF9186.EB9DDD60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thought others my benefit.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Simon-</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Niles also makes an audio DA that is =
probably=20
similar to the xantech in quality and performance.&nbsp; they have a =
matching=20
video da too.&nbsp; both niles and xantech are great places to look for =
these=20
types (and ir too) of solutions.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://nilesaudio.com/newpages/audda.html">http://nilesaudio.com/=
newpages/audda.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://nilesaudio.com">http://nilesaudio.com</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Simon-</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>you got me thinking.&nbsp; I work in a =
professional=20
environment (building tv stations), but am designing a system for my =
home and=20
will be needing an unbalanced da too.&nbsp; I went ahead and looked up=20
unbalanced DAs.&nbsp; Here's a bunch of links.&nbsp; I've never used any =
of=20
these.&nbsp; The RDL line is ok stuff that we use a lot for band aid =
fixes=20
because it is cheap (relative to other commercial gear) and works well, =
although=20
it is certainly not the best.&nbsp; The Xantech is probably the =
cheapest, their=20
site listed it as $118 which I think is suggested retail.&nbsp; You can =
probably=20
find it cheaper, if you do let me know as I'll probably use that =
one.&nbsp;=20
Smarthome.com may be a good place to start.&nbsp; Some of these, =
including the=20
xantech, also do video which might be nice if not now, in the=20
future.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Pete</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.dwightcav.com/Sigdistrib.htm#VP-715-02">http://www.dwi=
ghtcav.com/Sigdistrib.htm#VP-715-02</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.nicheinc.com/da-6020.htm">http://www.nicheinc.com/da-6=
020.htm</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.armatos.com/mda6.html">http://www.armatos.com/mda6.htm=
l</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.rdlnet.com/ruuda4.htm">http://www.rdlnet.com/ruuda4.ht=
m</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.rdlnet.com/stda3.htm">http://www.rdlnet.com/stda3.htm<=
/A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.rdlnet.com/ruda4d.htm">http://www.rdlnet.com/ruda4d.ht=
m</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.xantech.com/products/c_folder/pg24.pdf">http://www.xan=
tech.com/products/c_folder/pg24.pdf</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01BF9186.EB9DDD60--