[slinkelist] Any known CDJ problems with Windows2000 Pro?

Bill Sobel bsobel@vipmail.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:40:23 -0800

Ron,

I'd be very suspicious of Quicken.  There is a device driver included which
has been known to cause problems under earlier builds of W2K.  (Yea, I know,
'Quicken includes a device driver?').  It's part of the background
downloading stuff, I think it was written by Marimba (it might have been
BackWeb).

I'd try disabling that driver and see if things improve (and if your like
me, drop Intuit a quick note telling them you don't like applications
installing system level drivers for such a stupid reason).

Good luck,
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Ron Tugender
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 3:08 PM
To: Slinke-List
Subject: [slinkelist] Any known CDJ problems with Windows2000 Pro?

I've installed the 1/19/00 version of CDJ onto the golden release of Win2000
Professional (2195).  I have been tracking down a nasty little glitch that
intermittently hangs Win2K in the midst of its shutdown cycle, forcing a
system reset.

I've gone back to a fresh install of Win2K, introducing 1 application at a
time to see when the problem reasserts itself.  For a while all I had was
Win2000 and Office2000 and no hangs occurred.  Then I added CDJ and Quicken
99, and have been running that mix for a while.  I just got my first
shutdown hang, which followed a "chord" sound from Windows, the common sound
generated by a variety of conditions.  I'd had CDJ open, quiet (no CD
players going) and minimized when I did the shutdown.

A few more experiments with CDJ have shown that it appears to be behind the
"chord" sound, as I get the sound each time I shut down Win2000 with CDJ
still open and not otherwise.  However, I have not yet been able to
reproduce the shutdown hang, so either it is not CDJ or there is some
interaction with other software or environment that together leads to the
hang.  Although the hang itself seems to be more inconvenient than harmful
(system seems to reboot OK afterwards), I can't help but be concerned that
something under the covers may be awry.

Colby or David, are you aware of any problems running CDJ under Win2000, are
you familiar with this pattern, and can you offer any thoughts on whether
CDJ might be implicated in this?

Thanks,
Ron