[slinkelist] What does CDJ do with MP3's?

Colby Boles cboles@nirvis.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:40:55 -0800

CDJ takes such a long time reading each MP3 because it is trying to
accurately determine the total playing time of the file. This cannot be done
simply by looking at the bitrate and filesize, because some MP3s utilize
variable bitrate coding. So CDJ is effectively "playing through" the MP3 at
high speed to get the total playing time.

Colby