[slinkelist] PC sound cards

shivers@ai.mit.edu shivers@ai.mit.edu
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:22:34 -0500

    -Just don't make the same mistake I made and waste your money on SB
    Live! (the more expensive version), for playing music or movie
    soundtrack it is just as good as any old (cheap) isa SB card, only SB
    Live! eats up irq's like candy.

Thanks for the advice.

What I've found is that there's a whole class of audio cards for professional
audio producers. Some will handle 24b/96khz data streams in and out; some
have on-board DSP chips to do real-time resampling and bit-rate conversion.
Some have linux drivers. Here are some links; I have just found them and
haven't checked them out carefully.
    -Olin

http://www.zefiro.com/
    PC card (ZA2 -- linux drivers. ISA card. Can route/mix. 48khz. D/A $390)
    A/D Inbox (sold through Opcode Sys)

http://www.bayviewproaudio.com/Bayview-Audio-Cards-Hard-Disk-Recorders.htm
http://www.dma.org/~millersg/proaudio.html
    Prodif 96 -- PCI sound card, goes up to 24b/96khz