[slinkelist] Sony CDP-CX220

Michael Holopainen michael@laserle.fi
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:30:20 +0300

You can get CDP-CX300 for exactly the same price as cdp-cx220, but you
might still want to buy the cx-220 for other reasons; like it's bettr to
have 2 200 players that 1 400 player coz with 2 player you can optimize
play order (switch player) so there is no 10 second gap between songs
(disks).
The cdp-cx220 was highly recomended on this list before 300 models,
because it's basicly the same player as other 200 series (with exception
of 270, higher sound quality) but without display & other gimmicks that
can be replaced with slinke, and it was cheap.
It's you basic slinke "closet" cd-player.
On this list there has been some warnings of POSSIBLE problems with 270
and 350 when they are in the same s-linke daisychain (1-2-3) with other
players: they are trying to act as masters of s-link, but as I
understand they can be solved (I have 350, no problems).

sound = same as 250, 240 | baybe same as (255,260) | poorer than 270.
components (mechanics)= same as 250, 240, 270 |
components (software)= poorer
reliability = same as other 200 series.
slinke comp. = VERY

/components/ reliability/, I suppose all the 200 series are identical
(at least models made same time)
sound quality = the 270 and maybe the newer 260 has higher sound
quality, otherwise they are the same. (prodused from same components in
the same factory)

basic rule
more expensive = more additional features.

I am familiar with the two first series of 200 players (200, 250, 270)
(260 & something) the newer ones tha have been made after 300 series
came out, are stranger to me.

IHMO I see no other reason for not buying 220 than the fact that you get
300 with same money, but I you get good deal buy two 220.

-michael