[slinkelist] Escient

David Burkhart davidburkhart@earthlink.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:41:40 -0800

I asked around and one of my colleagues (I'm a consultant) recommended
http://www.touchsystems.com for touch-screen, walk around technology. It
would be cool to run PartyGUI on this...it's not "low budget," but it isn't
outrageous either--it would probably cost close to $1,000 to kludge I-opener
to do all this could.

-----Original Message-----
From: keith alexander <alexanders@rocketmail.com>
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com <slinkelist@nirvis.com>
Date: Thursday, March 30, 2000 11:59 AM
Subject: [slinkelist] Escient

At the request of several I jazzed up the PartyGUI
(David pls change the link if you get a chance)  A
much smoother version is available at
www.geocities.com/nurse_alexander.  Enjoy.  I am still
looking for someone to offer up some help, I am trying
to figure the cheapest way to build or buy a low
budget touch/proximity interface to run this on the
I-opener.  I am playing with emmitter detector pairs,
but the angle/spread is too great.  Second thought was
corner sensors and triangulation, but I am unsure
where to start (sonic (ala autofocus) laser (too
expensive?) Any thoughts (I know, just buy one, but
where and how cheap)

=====
Keith Alexander
alexanders@rocketmail.com