[slinkelist] New CDJ Version

Tang, George gtang@gtcons.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:49:46 -0800

Colby, after installing the new version, my playlist playing exhibits a
strange behavior.  When the player gets to the song that it's supposed to
play, CDJ immediately tells the player to go to the next song.  In effect,
no song is ever played.  I'm only using a single cx300 on the slinke bus,
and my sony amp on a seperate bus. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

George

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Colby Boles
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2000 4:10 PM
To: Slinkelist@Nirvis. Com
Subject: [slinkelist] New CDJ Version

I put a new version (3/27) of CDJ on the site. These newer versions of CDJ
are like the previous beta version in that they use a newer disc
identification system based on a better number called a CDJID instead of the
old CDDB ID. This should avoid problems of two discs with slightly differing
times being considered the same disc by CDJ. (It does nothing to to improve
their identification in CDDB). One side effect of this is that the first
time CDJ writes your new library, it will take a considerable amount of time
as it needs to modify each record. This version does automatic database
compaction to help keep your MDB file small after a large number of writes
(100).

Colby