[slinkelist] FW: Party Gui suggestions/Prettyification

John Shankland jns@interaccess.com
Wed, 3 May 2000 13:38:50 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: John Shankland [mailto:jns@interaccess.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 12:19 PM
To: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com
Subject: Party Gui suggestions/Prettyification

Hi Keith,

First, Thanks for the parytgui.  I use it as my main interface to CDJ and it
is really nice.

You asked for suggestions.

How important is screen saving. Will a few hours use each day cause a
problem if I don't use the saver?

I don't like the saver method you use. I know I can turn it off but I would
like to use it but have it look a little better.

Could you do this instead?

Move the time played and time remaining up or down one line after each song
alternating between
three screen locations? Could you change the colors once per song? (does
changing these colors work as a screen saver?)

User choice for screen text color in the ini file. If I chose a dull color
would this be screen saving?

I think the album playing cover graphic display is to large, causing
pixeling. Could that size be reduced enough to allow two lines of next
album/song? I would suggest the title on one line
and the artist album on the second.

By "Artist" from the album "Album Title"

I feel more comfortable with from instead of on.

If you made more space on the screen you could have the control box up and
the next song information instead of the box over the next data.

Would it be possible to minimize the UI?

I am also having the following problem. I click on a song title, then add to
playlist. then make playlist.  A Message comes up and say recording, and the
bar changes to play playlist. I click on the bar and the screen says loading
your playlist but nothing plays.

JNS