[slinkelist] The next step

Thomas W. Humphrey TWHumphrey@fuse.net
Thu, 4 May 2000 11:17:54 -0400

My whole-house solution is ChannelPlus modulators fed video by a scan
converter, to put the computer's screen (and other things, i.e., DSS, VCR,
DVD) on unused cable channels added to the regular feed from the cable
company.  The Channel Plus equipment also feeds IR control signals from the
remote TV's back to the modulator for repeating into the slinke.  It works
well after some debugging.

For remote control of CDJ using IR, I use a slinkx program for mouse
movement and click emulation, as well as an IR keyboard for keystroke entry.
I have a beta version of the slinkx program if anyone wants a copy.

For stereo sound you can get a MTS capable modulator, hard wire separate
phono, TOSLINK and/or video/RF cables to remote locations, or put in an FM
modulator to create a bootleg FM station carrying CDJ's audio (I did
toslink/phono downstairs, and FM for upstairs).

Tom Humphrey

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregg King" <gking@ontariodie.com>
To: <slinkelist@nirvis.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 8:43 AM
Subject: [slinkelist] The next step

The next thing I want to do is to project the partygui onto 2 different TV's
in my house so that I can control the music remotely.  One alternative that
I have heard about is X10's big picture - and I guess I would need some
additional hardware for the 2nd set?  I would like to hear from anyone who
is doing this so that I can try to avoid any problems.

Thanks very much

Gregg King