[slinkelist] CDCovers and MUZE

James Miller jamesmil@microsoft.com
Fri, 5 May 2000 09:55:22 -0700

I've found a new candidate site for covers. I'll work on my app this weekend
and see if can bring it back to life. It will be more difficult than muze
was (so no promises), but I think I can make it work.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Miller [mailto:jamesmil@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 11:34 AM
To: 'John Shankland'; SlinkE List
Subject: RE: [slinkelist] CDCovers and MUZE

Unfortunately it looks like muze.com is no longer available as a source of
covers and music data, which means that my CDCovers program is official
dead.  I may take a stab in the future at adapting it to work with another
site, but its parsing algorithm was very tied to how Muze's website used to
work, so it would be a substantial amount of work to change (translation:
don't expect it any time soon).

I'll make the source code available tommorow on my ftp site (will send the
link to the list when available) in case anyone else wants to take a stab at
it...

Sorry,
-james