[slinkelist] Java - ActiveX help

Rod DeMay rod_demay@hotmail.com
Wed, 17 May 2000 21:00:26 PDT

Hello,

I recently purchased a slinke and was quite disappointed with the
documentation provided with the module (at least from a java standpoint).
I'm using Visual J++ 6.0.  I believe that I've correctly added the ActiveX
control to my application.  However, whenever a call is made to the AX
control, a java.lang.nullpointerexception occurs. I try to connect and/or
adddevice before making an other calls, however, these routines result in
the same error.

Any suggestions?  I would really appreciate it if someone could provide java
code that simply shows how to set up a device and execute a simple command.
I'm surprised that nirvis doesn't provide this, since they advertise sample
programs and mention java support.

Thanks,

Rod

rod_demay@hotmail.com