[slinkelist] Sony DVD Changers

Ken Geoffrion kgeoffrion@hotmail.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 11:09:35 PDT

That's scary, but encouraging that Sony did right by you.  Thanks for the
feedback!

What, no loaner?? ;)  It's weird to realize how dependent we get on our
personal A/V inputs, isn't it?

----Original Message Follows----
From: Ted Smith <tedsmith@microsoft.com>
To: Ken Geoffrion <kgeoffrion@hotmail.com>, slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: RE: [slinkelist] Sony DVD Changers
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:37:26 -0700

Howdy

I've had my 850 since Nov and was very happy with it.  Then it spontaneously
miss (un)loaded a DVD, and then proceeded to rock the turntable back and
forth destroying two other DVD's.  It was in the shop for 3 weeks (and boy
did our family miss it!)  We have it back and it is performing fine.  I
talked to Sony and they will be refunding me the replacement cost of the
damaged DVDs, so all in all things could be worse, but this got me wondering
why none of my 4 CD jukeboxes never failed (I've even gotten so bold as to
transport them in the trunk of my car when I move offices, 4 times now, with
no mishaps.)

-Ted