[slinkelist] 2 questions-Cross Fade & CD Text

Jayson Chitwood jrcmphs1@bellsouth.net
Sat, 20 May 2000 03:02:33 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BFC207.D80F3C60

=20
Just got my Slinke today and all I have to say is, "what a WONDERFUL new =
toy!!!". Thanks to all that have put hard work into this product.=20

As a newbie, I have a couple of questions......=20

1) I can't get the cross fade within CDJ to work properly. I have two =
Sony CDP-CX335 (replaces the CX300) changers. I have one set as a master =
& one as a slave. I have piggy-backed the audio connections since I did =
not have additional audio inputs on my receiver. In order to get output =
from the slave, I had to connect the two players via AII. I have Slinke =
running to the master only (when I connected to both, it showed I had =
four players instead of two). Is there anything I am overlooking? Cross =
fade when not in CDJ works fine.=20

2) Since these players are CD Text compatible, is there any way to get =
more than 13 characters to the player? What about track titles? When a =
CD has CD Text, the display will scroll the entire selection. Is this a =
future enhancement, or am I not on the clue bus here?=20

Sorry for the long post -- just excited that I now have access to my =
500+ CD collection......=20

Jayson R. Chitwood
Memphis, TN
"Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind -- but in the end, it =
is really how you played the game that matters."

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BFC207.D80F3C60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#d8d0c8>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3DGaramond size=3D2><FONT =
size=3D+0>&nbsp;
<P>Just got my Slinke today and all I have to say is, "what a WONDERFUL =
new=20
toy!!!". Thanks to all that have put hard work into this product.=20
<P>As a newbie, I have a couple of questions......=20
<P>1) I can't get the cross fade within CDJ to work properly. I have two =
Sony=20
CDP-CX335 (replaces the CX300) changers. I have one set as a master =
&amp; one as=20
a slave. I have piggy-backed the audio connections since I did not have=20
additional audio inputs on my receiver. In order to get output from the =
slave, I=20
had to connect the two players via AII. I have Slinke running to the =
master only=20
(when I connected to both, it showed I had four players instead of two). =
Is=20
there anything I am overlooking? Cross fade when not in CDJ works fine.=20
<P>2) Since these players are CD Text compatible, is there any way to =
get more=20
than 13 characters to the player? What about track titles? When a CD has =
CD=20
Text, the display will scroll the entire selection. Is this a future=20
enhancement, or am I not on the clue bus here?=20
<P>Sorry for the long post -- just excited that I now have access to my =
500+ CD=20
collection...... </FONT></P></FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3DGaramond size=3D2>Jayson R.=20
Chitwood<BR>Memphis, TN<BR>"Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're =
behind --=20
but in the end, it is really how you played the game that=20
matters."</FONT></STRONG></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BFC207.D80F3C60--