[slinkelist] Optical Digital Recording

Tang, George gtang@gtcons.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 12:23:07 -0700

I don't have all the answers for you.  However, regarding controlling the
players power on off, CDJ will not allow you to power the players off.  If
you do, CDJ will automatically turn them back on.  Now, CDJ does have the
CDJ:sleep command to turn all players off, but as soon as you start the
playlist, then the sleep command is voided.  So you can pretty much kill
that idea there.

-George

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Robert Kelly
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 11:18 AM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: [slinkelist] Optical Digital Recording

Here's one I've been struggling with:

I've only got two players so the DSX at $500+ is overkill
for what I want to do. Both players have optical outputs
and I'm using a Hoontech XG sound card with optical input.
I want to keep things digital, record WAV files on the
PC, and later burn into compilation CDs of my playlists.

I bought a TOSlink optical spliter ($10 at Radio Shack)
and I'm using it successfully as an optical combiner.
Successfully because I understand and can live with only
one player being on at a time. At least I think I can.

I don't know the details of working with map files such
that I can coordinate the player power changes with the
cdjr:using_player responses. Does anyone have any example
map files for this?

I considered using the map file playlist commands to load
and run through a playlist myself but couldn't find a way
to make use of the data returned in a playlist_item[]
response. Are these parameters somewhere or do you have
to know all the possible responses and have exactly
matching map statements?

I'd be interested in seeing anyone's map file if your doing
something complicated. That could go a long way in helping
me learn this map file language.

Thanks,
Bob