[slinkelist] Two sound cards and hum

Colby Boles cboles@socrates.Berkeley.EDU
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 09:43:25 -0800

I really think the best approach is to just use digital sound cards with
either optical (inherently isolated) or transformer-coupled coaxial outputs.
I like the RME Digi96 line of sound cards. They are PCI card with great
drivers that support multiple cards

Benefits:

* ground loops solved
* sound quality issues solved
* quality cabling cheap (can use RG-6 for coax runs)

Drawbacks:

* more expensive sound card ($80-$1000)
* need digital input on your stereo or an external DAC

Colby