[slinkelist] COM Error 80004003 - Error opening database

Jim Glidewell jimglidewell@home.com
Sun, 05 Nov 2000 14:23:47 -0800

Colby wrote:

>Did you install MDAC 2.5? You can get this at MS or it is included if you
>download the latest full installation. 8mb could be trouble...

I installed MDAC 2.5 and reinstalled DCOM95 just in case.

It fixed the error message, but replaced it with another:

CDJ says:

"An error occurred while attempting to use MS ADO 2.1. Please
make sure that you have this component installed before
using the database features of CDJ."

A subsequent error box says:

Error

Code = 8002000a
       Out of present range
       (null)
       (null)

It's looking more and more like an out-of-memory condition to me.

Any suggestions of how to trim Win 95's memory footprint?

Alternatively, how does the client/server version work with
DCOM? Can I run the CDJ front-end (or Party GUI) on the
laptop, while running the database on another box in the
closet?

Does the DB reside on the server? Or the client?

I assume the slinke is connected to the server's
serial port...

Thanks again for your help...

Jim