[slinkelist] Multi-room controls (was re: VNC, DCOM)

Christopher Zguris czguris@christopherzguris.com
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 17:17:44 -0500

Actually, you need a browser w/JAVA enabled (AFAIK - JAVA, not JavaScript).
I'm using it on an older IE 4.72.xx and it works fine (as long as JAVA's
enabled), screen refresh seemed a little quicker under IE 5, worked under
Netscape 4.). If you set the browser to fullscreen mode, VNC's certainly
useable.

Re setting up the server, as someone else said, I think it's automatic. If
you've got VNC server running, it's also there for web access. In your web
browser, you just need to type in that machines' address. On my network of
a couple machines, I can access the machine (called "server" under Windows)
w/VNC using http://server:5800/ in my browser. That brings up a prompt
asking me for the VNC password.

At 02:10 PM 11/6/00 -0500, Schaaf John wrote:
[...]
>meaning to read more about VNC.  I just found out from this list that it
>supports html.  I tested that and it seems the same speed.

Christopher Zguris

czguris@christopherzguris.com / http://www.christopherzguris.com