[slinkelist] Digital Audio server

Tom Hammond-Doel Tom.Hammond-Doel@Vixel.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:10:54 -0800

Slightly off subject.

Is there a REASONABLY priced digital audio server out there?  All the
thing has to do is have an ethernet connection in and a decoded MP3
audio out.  After that, even CDJ could control the thing with the
correct interface placed on it.

I've seen the Audiotron, DAS, and AudioRequest, but they're over spec'd
and subsequently overpriced.

Just a SIMPLE NETWORK MP3 PLAYER!  That's not too much to ask is it?  Is
this another device I'm going to have to build myself (I'm a firmware
engineer)?  For that matter, Colby, this seems like a prime project for
you.  Want some help?  Throw a Net+Arm and MP3 decoder on a card, or use
a PC104.  Seems pretty simple.