[slinkelist] MP3??? No way!

Bill Dickhaus bdickhaus@mindspring.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 21:58:57 -0500

I agree. I have experimented with many different levels of MP3 encoding,
with different encoders, on different PC's, and I have yet to find one that
produces the same quality of sound I can get out of a CD. The difference is
very noticeable to me. Except for portability, MP3 is not something I am
interested in bothering with. When I fill up the CD changer I have I intend
to get another one.

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of dan herrmann
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2000 20:46
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: [slinkelist] MP3??? No way!

With all due respect to fellow Slink-e believers, I don't think MP3 and hard
drive storage is the way to go.

Sure, you can put an audio file on a hard drive, but most all codecs today
pale in comparison to a good CD (not to mention SACD)

When you have high-end stuf like I do, you can easily tell the difference.