[slinkelist] MP3??? No way!

Brian Atkins brian@posthuman.com
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 17:20:50 -0500

It doesn't matter, with hard drives doubling in capacity every 12 months
the amount of storage per dollar is going to completely outstrip any kind
of proprietary format. I would love to rip all my DVDs to hard drives too.

The ultimate goal is to have a media server that will hold your collection,
and also access the Net via broadband or faster connection to interface to
other people's collections so you can have access to any content you want at
any time from anywhere.