[slinkelist] For the Wish List

PaulMmn PaulMmn@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 01:40:59 -0400

I wrote:
Can CDJ remember the last-used Search when CDJ shuts down / restarts?
Or perhaps remember the last 'n' Searches in a drop-down list?  I
usually select {(NOT KW = XMAS) AND (NOT KW = BOOK)}; my lazy fingers
don't like to work more than they have to.  (:

Art wrote (in part):
For added usability, I would also like to see the ability to assign
user defined names to
each of the queries.

Then Shawn wrote (in part):
>If I'm not mistaken you can do what you want now with the user defined
>toolbar buttons. Just map each button to a specific search. It's all
>documented in the help file under "CDJ."
>
>-Shawn

What a Fine Manual!  If only I had read it...  *sigh*

Well, it's -almost- what I want.  (I know, I know, I'm never satisfied)

The buttons work fine... after a little futzing with the setup:

	- The instructions inside the { } need to begin with  CDJ:

	- The example in the MAPS.TXT file for VCR:0 is the style to follow;
		you can chain a number of instructions under one button

It would still be nice   (:  if the search just completed popped into
the search window on the screen.

Could the USER.BMP button bitmap be added to the list in OPTIONS /
FILES&DIRECTORIES, defaulting to the as-shipped default in the
CDJ.EXE directory?  It would prevent overlays during upgrades.

And the buttons are nice for pre-defined searches that get used a lot
(I've added my 3 favorites), but it's a lot of work for a one-off
search that you might want again that day, but never again.  I'd
still like the drop-down list of the last 'n' searches.

Is it possible to force the display to switch to the appropriate
SEARCH_MODE[DISC|TRACK] as a result of the last search executed from
a user button?

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ixnetcom.com