[slinkelist] Re: random play (was: Feedback ...)

Simon Durant simon@food4u.com.au
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:23:15 +1000

Cool, will play with the scripting idea.

thanks much
Si

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Michael Holopainen
Sent: Tuesday, 10 October 2000 21:05
Cc: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: [slinkelist] Re: random play (was: Feedback ...)

Simon Durant wrote:

> Hmmm... I would still like to have a 'never play this track on random'
> option as some things I just don't want to hear,

-There is "Never Play" field for tracks/albums (in Music Info-windows
Ratings-tab) but apparently random play does not regognise this -> I
emailed Colby about this.
As I understand the Never Play field value for CD's is read from players
when searching for disk's, so it would make sense for CDJ random play to
use this data. I believe we see this done soon...

>also it would be nice to be
> able to right click on a track and add it to a play list (not necessarily
> the one that is playing)

-What's stopping you ?? Just stop the playlist play(= it is not playing)
and right click on item ;-) <a joke>
-But seriously, I for one do not support this idea. IMHO :
 There is reason to juggle with multiple playlists at once, you can just
as easily juggle multiple lists one at time with save/load playlist.

OR (I'm not 100% sure but,) I think you can create script's & user
command buttons to add currently selected item to predetermined playlist
with one click.

First add User01 button and then add script to it : load playlist
xxxx1.pla, add selected item to playlist, save playlist xxxx1.pla. Then
make as many buttons as you want (<99).

Of course the play will stop for second IF current track in mp3, but you
can do A LOT with scripts

-michael

--
   --"Would you fly on airplane controlled by MS Windows ?"--
| Michael Holopainen | Valuraudantie 25 | Tel: +358-(0)9-35093825  |