[slinkelist] In Depth commands for Sony receivers {surround}

Cunningham, Neil ncunningham@UrbanMedia.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:39:12 -0400

All,

Before I dive to much deeper into this I wanted to check and see if someone
might already have some of the information.

I've found a bunch of "un-documented" commands/responses and was curious if
anyone else might have some I don't yet.
These are for a Sony STR-DA555ES.  Not sure what other receivers they will
work with but am very curious.

All are in hex:

## Issuing these commands in repetition can change the setting.
## The response is the current or new setting
C310	Rear Level Plus
C311	Rear Level Minus
C312	Center Level Plus
C313	Center Level Minus
C314	Woofer Plus
C315	Woofer Minus

C383XX	Rear Balance (xx is bal setting)
 (i.e. 00 - 10 steps through moving bal all the way to the right) (90 moves
to the extreme left but not sure how to step through)

C381XX Center Level  (xx is setting)
(i.e. C381a sets center to +10db)

C395	Dist. Unit [meters]
C3951	Dist. Unit [feet]

C396	Rear PL [side]
C3961	Rear PL [middle]
C3962	Rear PL [behind]
C3963	Rear PL [high]

There are a lot more settings that are sitting out here some where.
If anyone has any question or comments please feel free to drop me a line.
I would be interested in hearing from people that have found other working
commands.
(i.e. Speaker size, Rear speaker height, Sub yes or no, speaker distance,
Test tone, Eq on/off, ...)

Thanks!

Neil Cunningham, MCSE
Manager, Information Systems