[slinkelist] suggestions for CDJ

Michael Holopainen michael@laserle.fi
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:59:58 +0300

Rick Engle <ricke@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Since some of the new Sony CD players like the CDP-CX450 support titles
> being entered via an external keyboard, can CDJ be extended to populate the
> CD player titles via the CDDB lookup?

I don't get it.

(menus) Library -> Transfer Text = sends CDJ DATA to players
Unless you mean some extented text info of 400-models (don't have one) I
seem to remember reading that the PLAYERS itself do not allow certain
data to inputted via slinke = TS.

> A nice UI improvement would be that as CDJ is discovering the CD title info
> while interrogating the CD slots it would scroll and highlight the entry it
> just completed in the Albums pane.   That way as it has completed a slot you
> can see in the list what CD was just found.  That should be a pretty easy
> improvement if you like it.

-I don't think many users would care for that feature, I think many
still have modem connection to WEB(charged by time) = "Queue disks for
later" and it takes less than minute to lookup 300 disks:

1. CDDB lookup is TOOOOOOO fast for human. (players are slow enough, but
...)
2. Any extra delay in CDDB lookup would cost money for users using
telephone to connect to web.

I think better solution would be checkbox "Confirm looked up disks" = It
would display yes/no dialog showing location & found title for every
disk is retrieves from CDDB. (I can't imagine anyone actually using it
but this way :
1. It would not hinder functiality on CDJ
2. Allows users more control & choises, unlike Mic... products, oops
sorry I just noticed your address)

-michael (A)
--
   --"Would you fly on airplane controlled by MS Windows ?"--