Fw: [slinkelist] Automated ripping and MP3 encoding of entire jukebox

Thomas W. Humphrey TWHumphrey@fuse.net
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:21:07 -0400

Zeke:

I have been working on capturing audio from exterior digital sources for a
while now.  I have found the synchronization between the timing signals from
the external source and the actual audio stream are insufficient to make the
"perfect" tracks.  You will always wind up with some initial silence or
(even worse) part of a neighboring track.

I remain convicted that the only way to do the CD-originated MP3's right, is
to rip the discs in a CD-ROM drive using RealJukebox or an equivalent, and
then use software to scan the MP3 files, read artist/track info from the
ID3's, and add them into the CDJ database.  I have been focussing on
creating that code.

I plan to use VisualBasic to write the ID3 reader/Access program to add
MP3's to CDJ.  I believe you have at least some code that could be helpful
regarding reading ID3 information from existing MP3 files.  Can you ship
over whatever you think might be useful?  I will contact Colby to learn what
is needed to add an MP3 "album" to CDJ so that CDJ will use it properly.

Thanks,
Tom.