[slinkelist] CDJ commands request

Michael Holopainen michael@laserle.fi
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:43:20 +0300

Colby, could you add few command to CDJ automation interface :

1. list_command_up
  moves up in currently selected list, like pressing up_arrow key from
keyboard
2. list_command_down
  moves down in currently selected list, like pressing down_arrow key
from keyboard
3. jump_next_window
  rotates focus to next (visible) window in CDJ
Alsums->Tracks->Playlist->Details->Players->Albums
4. add_to_playlist <I THINK this allready exist>

This allows one to have ALMOST complete control over CDJ with IR remote
control =
(for example with "egg" one of those simple tv remotes with 6 keys in
compass config [up,down,left,right, centre=select, power])
You could browse albums / track & add them to playlist with IR remote
controller
-------------------
up = up in list
down = down in list
left = vol down
right = vol up
select = add_to_playlist - command
power = jump to next window (albums <-> tracks)
---------------------

Pleeeeeaaaaase, pretty please.
I don't think this should be too hard to do ; automation interfacce
command that triggers moving to next / prior in list that currently has
focus. And move focus to next window, you could also tie that action to
TAB key. 6-button remote controller is all they can handle.

I had party last weekend and again noticed that CDJ interface is still
too complicated for casual users.

I'll promise I will not ask anything else for a LOOOOng time, well I try
.... ;)

I have finally got over losing the "Play now" and getting used to pass
everything through the playlist. With Clear_playlist & randomplay it
functions quite nicely.

--
   --"Would you fly on airplane controlled by MS Windows ?"--
| Michael Holopainen | Valuraudantie 25 | Tel: +358-(0)9-35093825  |