[slinkelist] CDJ request

Michael Holopainen michael@laserle.fi
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:24:57 +0300

A)
Colby, great idea on "mp3_file_4_cd_track" field for CD tracks, you said
that you do not have time to develop the mp3 ripping BUT I'dd love to
see you implement this feature for users to manually add (path&filename)
to mp3 file for that CD and put into settings option "Prefer cd " and
"Prefer mp3" radio button to tell which one try to play first.=20

Reason :=20

1.1. I use CDJ. (period) =3D my whole music collection in now in CDJ (I
ripper ALL my 300 vinyls to mp3 and scanned the covers *).=20

1.2. When I travel I just pick up my laptop containing all those mp3's &
cdj database & covers and CDJ.
And ALWAYS when I'm playing following happens "ow, I really liked to
hear that song but it's on CD, damn" =20
(Can you imagine the pain of scanning LP cover on A4, paraller port
scanner, at 400-600 DPI to get desent image on that cheap piece of
#=A4#=A4"&%& scanner.) =3D play mp3 when failed to play CD.=20

1.3. (prefer mp3) When I making playlist for club or party I hate to
wait 10-20 second for player to load the disk I'm going to listen for
5-10 seconds =3D "Prefer mp3" play mp3 even the cd is awailable=20
 (I have the ORIGINALs, but I'n not going to carry 200$ collector LP
with me when I know that next morning I'm not going to remember my name
let alone where I left my records ;))
 =20
B)=20
While you are Tampering with DB could you put "sort_order" field to DB
and to options "Default sort field " selection box =3D to tell by which
field library is sorted when it is loaded into CDJ.

Reason :=20
 It would solve the annoying sort problem so that EVERYONE would be
happy ('cept maybe Colby, for all the extra work ;-) )

--=20
   --"Would you fly on airplane controlled by MS Windows ?"--
| Michael Holopainen | Valuraudantie 25 | Tel: +358-(0)9-35093825  |
|                    | 00700 Helsinki   | Fax : +358-(0)9-35093850 |
| Laserle Oy         | Finland          | email: michael@laserle.fi|