[slinkelist] Sending CDJ / Partygui to my TV

Thomas W. Humphrey TWHumphrey@fuse.net
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:55:58 -0500

I use a vintage 1993 Sony 27" TV and connect to its S-Video connection from
an AITech "Pocket Scan Converter".  I get good picture quality.  The AITech
scan
converter It retails for about $110 on yahoo and other placess.  It is an
add-on
that goes between your video card and monitor and produces composite and
S-Video outputs. Use a TV with an S-Video input if you possibly can -
composite
video is nowhere near as sharp when you give it computer-generated input.

You should know before you start this project that on a standard TV, the
resolution is limited to 640 x 480.  Also, because standard TV is
"overscanned",
you miss the outside border of the picture (about the 1/10 of the picture,
all the way around).  You can avoid this by reducing the size of your CDJ
window.  PartyGUI and Slinkysaver both are designed to put their content
within the visible area of a TV.

 If you buy an HDTV set you can go straight into the TV from VGA out
of the computer or component video converted from VGA.  This will allow you
to run at a higher resolution and you won't miss content because of
overscan.
However, it will set you back a few thousand for the TV.

You may also want to check out MousEmu, on the CDJ user download area,
which you can use for IR remote control of the computer's mouse, so you can
run the computer on your TV with your handheld programmable remote.